Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's Been a While

 Sometimes I wonder where all my time goes. Then I think rationally and realize that wait...I'm a mom of two little boys, I'm very pregnant with our 3rd son, our life is just a little out-of-control sometimes and I'm busy trying to navigate myself and my family through life. That's where all my time goes. That, and to Facebook- which I justify as trying to stay in touch with family and friends at home- and to Skype- to which I say the same thing. I think I spend too much time on Facebook honestly. But, I just love how easy it is to connect with people in my life all over the world. It just takes up too much of my time. I was contemplating a Facebook fast yesterday, to which my husband say "I agree" haha! He'd just like to see his clothes put away for once :) 

There is just so much going on in our lives/my life right now. I'm trying to settle in my heart the soon-to-be arrival of this new life in our home. It scares me to think of sleepless nights, lots of tears, of times when there is no way out but through, the list can just go on. I love the season of new life. But new life also brings something of a personal death. Dying to myself, my wants, my desires, my passions, and calls for sacrifice. I really hate sacrifice, if I'm honest. Sacrifice and death are just plain painful.  Yet Jesus said "whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for My sake will find it". I fully believe that I'm raising my children for Jesus. That He alone will be honored and loved. That I am creating a legacy for my children, in that when they see my life, the life I have found in Christ, that they see only Jesus. His love, His mercy, His patience, His grace. And oh how often I really fail at that. 

In entering this season of new life, we are also entering a time of waiting and the unknown, in a sense. We only have another year and a bit left here in Australia. Stuart has used up all of his time that was alloted to him by the US government (he had to get permission to travel outside the States for these last 3 years) and we will have to return next year. If we don't he would lose his US residency, which we do not want. Now we have to navigate ourselves through this as well. Stuart wants to finish his Master's degree before we go home, and do that he'll need to take time off work in order to cram his classes in to 3 or 4 semesters. Taking time off work means a lot. As we all know. And I'm really trying to support Stu in this and I so want him to accomplish this. It would be so, so good for him. I'm praying and believing for favor. We're trusting that God will provide for all our needs and that we will really see His hand in this next step. I know next year sounds so far away, but I'm tellin' you, time is flying by! I can't believe we've lived here for 3 years. I swear I just packed up my house yesterday and moved across the world. And here we are, nearing our end. Sort of :) 

I'm sorry if this is jumping all over the place, so bare with me :) (I'm writing this while my kids are asking for all sorts of things, and I should be playing with them, and my 20 month old just came and told me he did a poo and wants a new diaper, hence why this isn't flowing like I had wanted). I think I just have so much on my heart right now that I don't know what to spill out first :) One being that my baby is about to be a big brother! How can that be. In just over 4 weeks (I realize that I'm due in about 5-6 weeks. Aug.1st to be exact, but I really want this big boy outta me...i won't tell you how i'm planning on accomplishing that since you all might have an opinion and nothing is going to stop me! haha) Josiah will no longer be the baby of the family. Overnight he'll turn into a big boy. He'll move from his crib into a bunk bed with Silas and will start to use the toilet. That, he already does! Not fully, but he so wants to be like Silas that he tries to use the potty any time he can. :) Enough on that tangent...I only want to share one more thing...

Over the last few weeks our good friends, Ben and Hayley have started on a new journey. Please hop over and check out what God is doing in their lives. We have felt so strongly to support them in this since we also feel very passionate about life, and choosing to keep life. They have come up against some odd opposition, which has felt very personal to us as well. Maybe that should be a different post. Anyway, I just wanted to bring attention to Hayley's new blog; her platform to share her testimony and what God has done in her life, and a place that hopefully, eventually, will turn into a website where women can find hope and help here on the Gold Coast. Because as of right now, there isn't one pro-life clinic, counseling center, crisis hotline, post-abortion help, alternative advice...etc place for women to go. 

Right now, my boys are yelling at each other. All the outside bikes, scooters, trucks, tricycles...are in my house. I think they need some attention :) I'll be back...later...when they're in bed or something. Enjoy your day and the season that you're in. 

2 comments:

Lynne Paulus said...

hang in there Judes, one day at a time right?! I didn't know that about your time in Australia was a limited one, at least for now. I will pray for God's consistent and overwhelming provision, His comfort and strength for you as you enter all of these new phases of life. You have much on your plates!

Pam said...

Judi, I didn't realize you were so close to delivery time (I know you don't think so, but you are!). God bless you as you prepare for this new little one.